Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nerac
Level 8

youtube buffering during private listening

Help! when private listening via the remote app, youtube is buffering constantly, and audio is stuttering every second or two. It only happens when using the roku remote app,started a couple days ago. I've tried all suggested fixes.....Spectrum is claiming it's a roku update issue??

help me please!

roku tv      7524X
Element model.      E4SC5018RKU
Serial number     YN00CD457306
Device ID.      NJ794C457306
software version.    9.4.0  build4200-61

youtube version1.0  build 93000123

no sound bar, auto passthrough fix did not work.

17 REPLIES 17\
Kasey001
Level 7

Re: youtube buffering during private listening

Try removing the channel, restarting your player, and re-adding the channel. You might also try a wireless router restart, just to vidmate cover all bases. Let us know if that resolves the problem or not.

0 Kudos
nerac
Level 8

I have tried all of these things, more times than a sane person would admit to! haha. nothing changed. I'm so discouraged.

0 Kudos
thaughbaer
Level 8

I have the same problem. Only YouTube. Only private listening.

Batmantorres
Level 7

I am having the same problem!

Lobe
Level 7

Same issue here

Mick2
Level 7

This is also my problem until roku comes up with a fix fit it I have found that when I turn off the private listening on the remote the buffering goes away then i can turn the private listening back on and it holds for a while. 
I figured that when I use private listening the Roku streaming stick reduces the signal to the tv. 
what I don’t understand is why it doesn’t do that on other channels 

0 Kudos
Stanwii
Level 7

Jumping in to say I have the same issue, hopefully a fix is in the works. As another commenter mentioned, using the phone app to turn private listening off and on again is the quickest fix. It is still inconvenient, though. Would be nice if it just worked. 

0 Kudos
nerac
Level 8

this didn't work for me. i'm looking into a fire stick or a bluetooth transmitter

0 Kudos
nerac
Level 8

• this didn't change it for me, but i have a roku tv, no stick
0 Kudos