Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slimpickin
Level 8

roku2 xs 3100x Family Guy wont play via Hulu

Jump to solution

My roku wont play any family guy episodes via hulu.  Ive played other fox channel programming and non fox channel programming.  It seems to be just Family Guy.  I have a roku ultra which it plays on and an android device. 

Model is 3100x-roku 2 xs

Software is 9.1.0 build 4111-02

I have uninstalled, logged out, and removed power from the  devices by pulling the power cord out of the device.  Only thin I havent tried is a factory reboot of the device.  Didnt feel  needed because other programs seem to work fine on the device via hulu.

Any ideas would be nice.  Seems there is no official support for this device

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
slimpickin
Level 8

Re: roku2 xs 3100x Family Guy wont play via Hulu

Jump to solution

Well, Hulu has fixed the issue (assume this because they said they were aware and working on it).  Family Guy started playing again on my 3100x last night.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

Correct, the 2 XS is a legacy, unsupported device, and is no longer receiving updates. Chances are pretty good that the Hulu channel just won't work right on that old of a box. How old is it? The 3100 was released in July 2011. It has insufficient memory and processing power to run the latest versions of many channels, and the channel developers are no longer updating it. You'll just have to accept that it's old technology. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
slimpickin
Level 8

Jump to solution

I agree thats probably right, But why can I stream other FOX programming on hulu and other non fox programming on hulu.  Would FOX make Family Guy requirements higher than other programs?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

Can't answer that. I have no knowledge of the backend functionality of streaming video. I suppose it's possible that there's some little setting or flag embedded within the video that is tripping up the older players. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
slimpickin
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hmm, thanks for your quick response.  Wonder if FOX or Hulu would waste anytime with this?  Im not sure how old the device is.

EDIT:  Hulu claims they are aware of the issue and are working on it with no eta.  thanks again or you response.

0 Kudos
slimpickin
Level 8

Jump to solution

Well, Hulu has fixed the issue (assume this because they said they were aware and working on it).  Family Guy started playing again on my 3100x last night.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos