Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

roku makes the tv flash and the whole screen jumps around

I turn the tv on, the roku. and the permanente line shows at top of the TV, then the screen starts jumping and flashing - it does not stop until I unplug the HDMI at least twice - this gets old  ---- I'm using the HDMI cord sent with the Roku -- someone stated I needed to get a new one -- I have one that I used on another piece of equipment - so I will try that --- but I moved the Roku from my front room TV to the bedroom TV - both are fairly new -- the Roku did the same thing on the living room TV - so is it the stick and do the have a warranty on the stick I've only had 6 months

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: roku makes the tv flash and the whole screen jumps around

@orneryonecja 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend trying to switch out the HDMI cable that is used to connect the device to the TV to see if that resolves the issue.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: roku makes the tv flash and the whole screen jumps around

Thank you - I will do as you say and try it -- The TV in the Bedroom is getting sent back as it's no longer working properly - but I think the Roku did something to it as it had the same effect on the TV in the Living room - I will try on the TV in the living room and see if the new HDMI cord helps but if it does to this TV as it did to the one in the bedroom I will stop using it as I think continued use could harm the newer TV in the Living room  -- the TV in the bedroom worked very well before using the Roku 

0 Kudos