Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillBrehm
Level 7

feature request - let me know when a show will not play because I'm not in the US

Hi,

I bought two Roku Ultra units in the US. I brought them home with me to the Philippines. Many times when I'm browse or search a show I want to watch, it will start load the show then just stop and go back to the show icon or even skip out of the channel entirely. There is no error or informational message. I'm guessing it might be because I'm outside the US, but I don't know for sure since there is no message. If there is a reason for a show not loading and playing, could that reason be displayed?

I don't have this problem in Netflix, but I have a subscription for that. Some shows inside the Roku channel work and some have this problem. Some other channels won't let me load anything.

This is my first post to this community. Is there a way to contact Roku support directly? When I click on the community link, it brings me to this community. When I click on the support link, it also brings me to this community. Why have two links if there is only one destination? Or is it a time based or location based issue?

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos