Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zidane1
Level 7

Xfinity streaming app blurry picture on Roku ultra

Over the past week, the picture on all 3 of my Roku ultra devices has been blurry whenever I’m watching the xfinity streaming app. I don’t have similar issues when streaming with the same app on my Samsung tv. Is there a compatibility issue? Never had this problem till about a week ago. 

18 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Xfinity streaming app blurry picture on Roku ultra

Xfinity has always labeled their Roku channel as beta. I don't know if that's changed, but they don't seem to support it very well. But the problem is with the Xfinity channel, not the Roku, as long as everything else looks fine when using the Roku. But you'll need to work with Xfinity for that, as they are the developer and supporter of the channel, not Roku.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
wcslick
Level 7

I have issue just started 1 week ago. Have yet to find a solution. And sometimes it “corrects” itself only to return to S.D. again.

lesmikesell
Level 13

It is probably a wifi bandwidth/interference issue.  Use the 5Ghz range if your devices support it and the router is not too far away.

0 Kudos
Enystedt
Level 7

I’m having the same issue. My download speed is 95 mbps and the router is basically next to the Roku box. I’ve tried changing bandwidth channels on the router without much luck...

0 Kudos
maintain707
Level 7

Same problem here but I'm using a wired connection with 100 mbps. There is no issues on my Roku Express.

0 Kudos
Verik
Level 7

Exact same problem. All other apps work fine, Samsung tv with xfinity all works fine. Hard wired and gigabit service. Op did you get an answer for this?

0 Kudos
gtech1997
Level 7

Same problem as well.  Wireless connection but plenty of speed with about 350mbs.  Xfinity app is the only one with this issue.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

It's been commented before. Roku does not develop any channels other than The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. All other channels are developed and maintained by other parties. In this case, it's Comcast that is responsible. They have labeled the channel "beta" for years, and from the constant reports here that's about all it is. But you have to complain to Comcast, and don't let them pass it off as a Roku problem. It's their problem and they are the ones that need to fix it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Keveroo
Level 7

Exact same issue here and also noticed this got much worse end of August / beginning of September 2020. Streaming quality on all other roku apps is fine during the same time periods that the Xfinity app is bad (usually peak hours). Seems Comcast made a change recently that is causing this. Would they, as the ISP, be able to throttle service to their own apps?

0 Kudos