Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Will Not Load Video After Fast Forwarding

Frequently, after I fast forward thru a commercial, Roku will not load any video and after a minute or two, it automatically goes back to the Home Page. I never had this before the last update which was last night. It is getting real old, real quick.

19 Replies
Level 8

Re: Will Not Load Video After Fast Forwarding

I forgot to mention, that a reboot fixes it, but that is a pain

0 Kudos
Level 7

I'm have the same problem after my roku utra updated to 9.4.1 on Saturday. 

0 Kudos
Level 8

Got tired of waiting for an answer, so I went and bought another Ultra, and it does the same frickin thing! I have tried the lesser Roku's, but they lack the killer audio of the Ultra. If there is no answer soon, I am  saying bye-bye, and finding a stream device that works like it should....

0 Kudos
Level 7

I am having the same problem. Brand new 2020 Ultra. I guess since I see no indication Roku is working on this that I will return my player and go back to a less powerful player or streaming stick. My Roku 3 that is years old works better than this new one. Guess in the meantime I will hook the 3 back up. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

I took the 2020 Roku ultra back to best buy and got a refund today. It was running on 9.4.1 firmware and having that fast forwarding problem and freezing up. The refund was for 69.99.

I bought the 2019 Roku ultra LT from Walmart today for 59.99 and It not having that problem at all and is running on 9.4.0 firmware. 

I think it was the last update they did to the 2020 Roku ultra on Saturday for me. It was not having that problem before that.

I just hope they do not update my new player to that update. 

0 Kudos
Level 8

I bought an Ultra LT too as a temporary substitute. I kept the Ultra for down the road when Roku gets off their **bleep**, and fixes the firmware bug. Where I find the Ultra shines is in the audio department. It handles the duty of upscaling all audio to Dolby Digital 3, where the Ultra LT, you have to do manually in most cases. Also, I have to constantly change volume levels with the DD3 in the LT, where the Ultra appears to level the volume much better. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

After hooking up my old Roku 3, and after reading replies, I will also keep the ultra and hope Roku fixes the problem soon. I can see a big difference between the 3 and the ultra. LOL!!!

0 Kudos
Level 9

I am noticing this too. So far, the freeze starts in Philo, but then no channel can be watched until a reboot. Curious if others are noticing the Philo connection?

0 Kudos
Level 7

This is exactly the problem I have. I watch Philo and record Hallmark movies to the Philo DVR. This allows for fast forwarding through commercials...until Roku messed it up. And unless I reboot the Roku box, if I try to switch to something on Acorn, for instance, it is in fast forward mode from the git-go. I am really hoping someone at Roku is aware of this and working on a fix. I briefly hooked my old Roku 3 back up and had no problem fast-forwarding so it is apparently a roku ultra problem.

0 Kudos