Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wsquiano
Level 7

Tv turns on with sound but no video

I have a 55” tv that was working just fine yesterday but then out of nowhere the screen went black. The sound works fine just not the video. If you stand over it you can see a little bit of the picture but it looks like it has a privacy screen protector (if y’all know how phones look with those). I saw that this is common issues with these TVs and I was wondering if anyone has another solution besides the rebooting/resetting cause that didn’t work for me. Any help is appreciated, thanks. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Tv turns on with sound but no video

Is it a RokuTV?  Does it do it with all inputs and live TV?  If so, your backlight could be toast.  You'd have to take it up with the TV manufacturer (Roku doesn't make the TVs).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
registerthis
Level 7

Re: Tv turns on with sound but no video

Same thing happened with our 55 Inch TCL roku tv. Tried everything suggested on manufacturer’s site, the internet and finally calling manufacturer support. They suggested we take it to a repair shop. It is a year and 1/2 old, so 6 months out of warranty. NOT a good answer. Thinking this is a piece of junk. 

0 Kudos