Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

TV is frozen on opening screen

My TV freezes on the opening/loading screen every time I turn it on. I’ve tried a factory reset of my TV to no avail. Any tips for fixing? Purchased in 2017. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: TV is frozen on opening screen

How did you attempt the factory reset? It requires the reset button to be pressed a minimum of 30 seconds, regardless of what's happening on the screen. Any shorter time and the reset was not performed. 

Also, did you actually pull the power cord to do a cold start? Just using the power button on the remote does NOT actually turn the TV completely off. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes to both! I held down the reset button for the full time and it went back to the frozen screen. I also left it unplugged overnight and have the same issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@Emshin wrote:

Yes to both! I held down the reset button for the full time and it went back to the frozen screen. I also left it unplugged overnight and have the same issue. 

OK, worth a shot. I had a new Insignia Roku TV that was stuck in a loop after the initial firmware update, and I just returned it to Best Buy and got another. The second one has been fine for years. Sometimes there's just something wrong with them. Yours of course is several years old now, so no longer under warranty. I'm not certain there's anything further that can be attempted. We'll have to let @RokuDanny-R see if their technicians have any further ideas. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Emshin 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku TV along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue started about a month ago. Roku controlled via control4 system. On startup Roku is frozen on either startup page or home screen. Remote via control4 nor Roku remote will start the system. Android App remote controls the system normally. Was there an update on the communications software? 

0 Kudos