Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merk
Level 7

TCL 65s405 can not fast forward or rewind with amazon prime, constantly buffers

when i watch videos on amazon prime i can not fast forward/skip intro. It constantly buffers. It will skip ahead, start to play for a half second, freeze and buffer for 2-3 seconds, then resume playing for a half second, free, buffer etc etc. Same thing happens if I try to rewind.

Its only on amazon prime this happens. FF on netflix works perfectly. youtubetv FF works fine, disney and hbo are also good.

This has been happening for a while now, just didn't bother to check into it since i thought an update would eventually resolve it. As of right now both the amazon prime app and the system software for the tv are up to date.

I doubt it's a network issue since every other single service works fine, and the tv is wired into the network and i have a 1gb connection.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9\
Seanb2112
Level 7

Re: TCL 65s405 can not fast forward or rewind with amazon prime, constantly buffers

I have the same TV in the same exact problem. My internet speed is one gigabyte per second so I know it's not my connection.

0 Kudos
merk
Level 7

Re: TCL 65s405 can not fast forward or rewind with amazon prime, constantly buffers

would be great if someone from roku would contribute to this thread, maybe with a solution?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
themothership
Level 7

I'm having this same issue. Support referred me to AMAZON saying it was an Amazon issue. Amazon says it's a Roku issue. It'd be great if Amazon and Roku could talk together and figure out a solution to this issue which clearly affects everyone with this Roku TV. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @themothership

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Does the issue only occur on Amazon Prime or across other channels installed on your Roku TV? If it's just on one channel, removing then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
themothership
Level 7

I've already tried this and it didn't help.

And yes, it only happens with the Prime Video app. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@themothership wrote:

And yes, it only happens with the Prime Video app. 

I hate to point the finger back at them, but if it only happens with a single channel (Prime), then it's an issue with that channel, not the Roku. Amazon is the developer of the Prime channel, and Roku themselves have no control over how the channel functions. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
themothership
Level 7

I suspected that as well. It would just be nice if there was some communication between Amazon and Roku. There are several people here experiencing this problem, but Amazon doesn't have it flagged as an issue. Since this affects the experience of a Roku device, you'd think Roku would have a vested interest in seeing this resolved and would see if they could talk to Amazon developers about fixing it. I'll do what I can as an individual, but as a partner, I'd think Roku would have more pull on something like this. Is that possible? 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Does Roku have a vested interest in the problem getting resolved? Absolutely. Do they have any significant pull to make it happen? That's questionable. They tried flexing their muscle against Google wanting changes for their YouTube TV channel, and now people are screaming at them about not having the channel on their Roku devices any longer. It's a fine line about what they can actually get the channel providers to do. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos