Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merk
Level 7

TCL 65s405 can not fast forward or rewind with amazon prime, constantly buffers

when i watch videos on amazon prime i can not fast forward/skip intro. It constantly buffers. It will skip ahead, start to play for a half second, freeze and buffer for 2-3 seconds, then resume playing for a half second, free, buffer etc etc. Same thing happens if I try to rewind.

Its only on amazon prime this happens. FF on netflix works perfectly. youtubetv FF works fine, disney and hbo are also good.

This has been happening for a while now, just didn't bother to check into it since i thought an update would eventually resolve it. As of right now both the amazon prime app and the system software for the tv are up to date.

I doubt it's a network issue since every other single service works fine, and the tv is wired into the network and i have a 1gb connection.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Seanb2112
Level 7

Re: TCL 65s405 can not fast forward or rewind with amazon prime, constantly buffers

I have the same TV in the same exact problem. My internet speed is one gigabyte per second so I know it's not my connection.

0 Kudos
merk
Level 7

Re: TCL 65s405 can not fast forward or rewind with amazon prime, constantly buffers

would be great if someone from roku would contribute to this thread, maybe with a solution?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos