Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toe
Level 9

Sorry, we're having trouble playing this

I knew that once I posted my Enlarging Picture the problem would go away, it did. I hope I'm lucky again. I often get an interruption in broadcast with the Sorry message above. Sometimes it goes away after a few minutes but last night it didn't. It required me to remove power from the stick for a few minutes then it was OK. When I had the Enlarging Picture problem the same action, removing power, was required to fix that as well. I'm starting to think I have another bad stick unless the fault is typical to Roku.

Any suggestions?

Thx, Tony

0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Sorry, we're having trouble playing this

Never seen a message like that. Is it within one specific channel? Affecting multiple channels? 

YouTube had a major, international failure a couple of nights ago and nothing could be played from any device, including web browsers. But that appears to be completely resolved. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
toe
Level 9

Hi atc, no, it's not one particular channel. While watching it starts by the picture and sound freezing then trying to catch up. Then the screen will go black except for a "lack" of progress bar in the middle of the screen then the screen goes blue with the msg Sorry, we're having trouble playing this. It's been happening for a while but seems to be getting worse. Last night it struggled for several minutes with no luck so I switched to antenna (sorry) and unplugged the power to the stick. An hour later it worked again.

Thx, Tony

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Weird. You might be encountering network connection issues, and it varies because of changes from whatever is causing the interference. I'd first try changing the channel your wireless is using. I can't tell you how to do that, because every wireless router/access point has different control consoles. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
toe
Level 9

atc, thx. I'll research your suggestion. Losing Internet is possible. I'll 1st see if power cycling the stick helps, most of the time it does.

Thx again, Tony

0 Kudos