Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Screen goes black, but audio continues?

Hi - recently whenever I use my Roku the selection will play for about ten minutes and then the screen will go black, but the audio will continue. It still works ok about 1% of the time...I've tried unplugging the Roku, power source and the TV - as well as resetting the TV and my router, but to no avail. Hoping someone here will have another trick I can try.... Thanks so much for the help!

It's an older TV (Philips FlatTV with only one HDMI input) 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Screen goes black, but audio continues?

Just have this issue last night, and the tv is only 4 months old, so it seems to be a TCL issue. Still waiting for a response from roku website support team, I don’t think they have permanent fix to the problem but replacing tv or a refund should be the least they should do. Waiting for the store who sold it to me opens, their next. Good luck on your end.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’m having the same issue with my 55” TCL Roku tv. Bought it some time in 2018. Haven’t had any problems until today. Screen is black, but can hear the sound. Hopefully someone has a fix for this soon. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue here! I actually had this issue with my TV back in 2018 while it was under warranty. TCL came out at the time to repair it, but they couldn’t, so they replaced the TV. Now, all of a sudden, the problem is back on the replacement, and I’m well out of warranty. I guess these TCL TVs just aren’t reliable for the long-term, so I’ll be looking at other brands. 

0 Kudos