Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku tv not playing some movies but will play through roku device on other tv's

I have a Sharp Roku tv. In the Roku channel app it will not play certain movies. For example the movie "A Christmas Carol" 1984 with George C Scott. It will play on my other tv with a Roku device connected to it. No issues on other tv. But this and other movies will not play on the Roku tv. A model "LC-32LB481U". It also will not play "A Miracle On 34th Street" 1934. The movies will show loading but never begin to play. The screen will eventually time out. Is this an apparent Sharp issue. Both tv's and all devices use the same router and internet. HELP PLEASE. Should I just switch to using a Roku device on my Roku tv and see if that works? Honestly I am not that technology skilled when it comes to electronics. I just want to turn them on and have them work properly. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 19

Re: Roku tv not playing some movies but will play through roku device on other tv's

Are these non-playing movies all on the same channel?  Try removing the channel, restarting the tv to clear its memory (Settings | System | Power | System restart), then reinstalling the channel

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Level 7

Re: Roku tv not playing some movies but will play through roku device on other tv's

Have tried all that. Thanks for your suggestions.

0 Kudos