Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonnaRez66
Level 7

Re: Roku returns to home screen while streaming

Jump to solution
I’ll try to do this tonight as I only usually have time to watch tv on weekends. If not tonight, I’ll definwtly get it done by the weekend. Thanks!
0 Kudos
treal
Level 8

Jump to solution
yep it doesnt work im still having this issue
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
@treal Thanks for following up. A few more questions here:

- Have you tried removing the channel from the home screen, restarting your Roku device, then adding the channel back again?
- Which model of Roku device are you using?
- What channel are you watching when you experience this issue?

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
treal
Level 8

Jump to solution
i watch play usb and pluto tv and i use tcl tv
0 Kudos
Pjbruce
Level 8

Jump to solution

Before I go to the step of having to delete and add back streaming services, as this is happening on all of them,  has anybody tried this and did it correct the problem? Because honestly,  the consumer/user should not have to go to these lengths when clearly this is a problem with the Roku platform that arose last week after they did an update.  In my case it has messed up a device that I have never, ever had a problem with before.  And now, I along with what appears many others have to jump through hoops on our end to get the functionality of our devices back.

Jump to solution
I was informed that the issue was resolved just unplug the roku from the power and plug back in. *knock on wood* I haven't had the issue this week. And we've watched a couple movies at least
0 Kudos