Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaysonhackbarth
Level 7

Roku is playing with no sound

My roku is glitching and plays the video with no sound. It also studders when it does play. I have to restart The Whole stick just to get it to play right. There is no customer service, because this company sucks. Every other company has people whom work for home. Not this one!  

0 Kudos
8 Replies
twiceover
Level 13

Re: Roku is playing with no sound

Maybe lay out how your system is set up, what is connected to what, etc.  That may help people help you.

0 Kudos
Jaysonhackbarth
Level 7

It’s not the layout of the stick, internet is fine. There is a glitch on almost all sticks, and they won’t fix it. Stick need maintenance. I own 6 sticks and all of them are doing it. If I switch to a fire stick- no issues. Happens on funimation, Hulu, Netflix, etc

0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 13

Well, I tried to offer help.

My sticks are working fine and I've never had this issue.

Hopefully someone will reply that is willing to assist you.

0 Kudos
melabernat
Level 7

I have had my Roku for a while with no issues and this happened to us this morning. Get sound on the TV unless we try to use the Roku stick and then nothing. No sound on any channels if we use Roku.

0 Kudos
eggonefishing
Level 7

Same thing here. Did you fix it? We were watching Hulu and went to Disney+ and suddenly no sound. If anyone has any idea I'd appreciate the help. Thank you.

0 Kudos
GTupoyno
Level 7

Not sure of the cause, but I've been having this problem on both of our Rokus for months. The immediate fix is just to disconnect, the reconnect, the cables from the back of the Roku. After it reboots I'm normally good to go. Sorry, it's not a long-term fix and it is annoying, but I normally don't have to do it every day. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Steuen
Level 9

I don't know that your issue is the same as mine, but here's what I did to make mine work.

My system - Roku stick on a Vizio TV (no external speakers or soundbar).

On the Roku stick menu, go to Settings -> Audio -> HDMI -> and set to PCM - Stereo. It appears that the audio HDMI auto detect routine has a defect in it where it fails to switch over after one or more of the states was selected. The Audio Mode setting did not make a difference. This means no Dolby output, but at least I have sound.

Hope it works for you while Roku find the bug and squashes it.

0 Kudos