Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra quit working after power outage.

I recently had a power outage in my home and when power came back on, it no longer worked. The light is on and I have reset and unpluged but still doesnt work.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Roku Ultra quit working after power outage.

I assume "it doesn't work"  means you get no display at all on the tv screen.

Power outages, and returns from them, can be accompanied by surges that can damage electronics.  It could be that your Roku was damaged, or maybe the tv, or both (or neither).  Was everything powered via surge protected circuits?

You can troubleshoot by trying your Roku on a different HDMI port on the tv if it has more than one, to see if the problem is the tv's HDMI port.  And ifbit doesn't work there it wouldn't hurt to try on a different set altogether just to make sure.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Roku Ultra quit working after power outage.

I have an ROKU Express and live in a rural area.  Utility power drops are not uncommon here and can last from less than 1 second to several days.  My approach with my computers, internet access and network attached storage are Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) and a stand-by generator.  While the generator may seem over-kill, mine will run our entire house, so life can go on over an extended outage.  It also reduces the size of the UPS required because the UPS source is only required for about 20 seconds.

Having read these posts I will move the ROKU power source to one of my UPS units.

0 Kudos