Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rrtt
Level 7

Roku Premiere turning on my tv

I purchased the Roku 3920X on 09/01/20. Every time i turn off my tv and roku my tv automatically turns itself back on after a minute or so. This never happened before I had the Roku. I went to Roku settings and turned off 1 touch play and turned off CEC on my Vizio Tv. None of theses fixes have resolved my issue.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premiere turning on my tv

If you've turned both of those off, I can't see any way for the Roku to be doing it. With that time lag, it really seems unlikely. When I've had CEC interaction between devices (yes, I know you turned it off), it usually happened within a couple of seconds. 

Try pulling power for the Roku, then turning the TV off. If it comes back on, it's something other than the Roku. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Rrtt
Level 7

I unplugged the Roku and turned the tv off and it didnt turn back on. Must be something with the Roku

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Certainly a possibility. But I'm guessing that the TV is detecting activity on the HDMI port and turning itself back on. If the Roku is powered up, it's still sending a signal to the TV. No CEC activity, just a video signal. No idea if there's some other setting within the TV that might disable it. Maybe something labeled quick start, or along those lines. I have a couple of Vizio TVs, but I use them as computer monitors and are never turned off, so have never seen something like that. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos