Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Keeps Returning to Home Screen

@Mamabear_85

Thanks for the information.

How are you powering your Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the adapter?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
brodypoo
Level 7

I did what @Brent1970 said and swapped out the HDMI.  If fixed the issue for me.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jikkelstikkel
Level 8

My Roku Stick is plugged directly into the port (on the back of the tv). No hdmi cable used at all. 

@brodypoo wrote:

I did what @Brent1970 said and swapped out the HDMI.  If fixed the issue for me.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jikkelstikkel

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tam88
Level 7

Model: 3930X - Roku Express 

Serial #: X00400EY4JX6 (S008297Y4JX6)

Software version: 9.4.0 • build 4210- AE

ID X6-151-394

@RokuDanny-R This issue keeps occurs when I use any app either then Netflix, it will play for like 3 minutes then it goes back to Home Screen again

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Tam88

Thanks for the information.

I have passed the information along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Descmart87
Level 7

Did you figure something out or buy a new one cause I’m having the same issue and have tried all the things you had and nothing works. My kids also have roku expresses in their rooms and they said theirs doesn’t do that. So I’m wondering if I need to just buy a new one or what...

0 Kudos
Wolst9
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R 

I'm also having this issue with my roku express.

Model 39300RE

Issue ID A2-188-702.  

Gets about 3 minutes into any channel and then cuts out.  I have 5 other Roku devices functioning fine..but this one in my office is not.

0 Kudos