Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rnrheaven
Level 7

Re: All apps display 1/4 screen size

I'm having a similiar issue after updating my Roku Ultra to 9.2.0 build 4131-46.  Never had the issue before.  If I turn off the system (I have Control4 and it's set to go back to the home page when I power the room off) while watching YouTube TV when I power it back on and go directly into YouTube TV my stations only show in the top left 1/4 of the screen.  If I go back to the home page, then go back into YouTube TV it seems to work fine.  Haven't noticed any issues with the other apps but I use YouTube TV 99% of the time.

0 Kudos
mrfixit01
Level 7

I just bought the Roku 3930rw and started streaming using the Spectrum app. It worked fine until I went to Pluto TV and set up an account there also. It worked fine on a couple of channels (I don't remember which ones, one was a movie) and when I went back to Spectrum at first all the local news channels were scrambled pictures. I went back to my antenna channels to watch the news and then back to Roku to watch the TRVL channel. Everything there was fine until the actual show started and it was now 1/4 screen. ONLY the actual airing shows shrink. Every other screen is normal. I tried several other channels and all of them did the same thing but now the local news channels are visible just shrunken like the others. I saw this post and tried full disconnect and reconnect. It looks fine now but I'd bet it will come back the next time I change streaming apps. Brian F.

0 Kudos
Hsage
Level 7

Roku Express HD playback issues

My grandmother’s Roku is having an issue when she tries to watch Netflix, where the playback screen shrinks to half the screen and ends up near the top right corner. She only uses it for Netflix so I haven’t checked to see if this is an issue with other channels. Anyone else have this problem and/or know how to fix it?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rnrheaven @mrfixit01 @Hsage 

What is the specific brand and model of TV that your Roku device is connected to? Could you please provide a picture of the issue displaying on your TV? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Beppo
Level 7

Re: Roku Express+ (3910 series) Malfunctioning

Update: 11/08/19 

My Roku Express+ 3931RW has stopped having the 1/4 screen issue. I don't know why, I haven't changed any settings since my first set up on 11/06. My TV is an LG-32LD350. On the first day I had the Roku, I resolved the issue by going to Settings > System Restart. I did this several times. Since that day, the Express+ has not had the problem.

0 Kudos
rnrheaven
Level 7

Can't figure out how to post a picture.  Roku Ultra is connected to a Onkyo receiver which is connected to a Sony 4k TV.  Never had any issues before the latest update.

0 Kudos
Katmac13
Level 7

Re: Roku Express+ Screen Only Displaying 1/4 of TV Screen

Having the same problem. I have a Roku express+ and brand new samsung tv. Worked fine until tonight, suddenly only displaying 1/4 of a screen. I've checked my display on tv and roku and doesn't help. Ive unplugged my HDMI cord. Really would rather not reset to factory settings before getting support, but apparently roku doesn't have service for roku express+ 😡
0 Kudos
Katmac13
Level 7

Re: Roku Express+ Screen Only Displaying 1/4 of TV Screen-possible solution???

... was complaining to a friend and they jokingly said did you unplug it?
I did. And that worked. So. Try unplugging it and plugging it back in
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Katmac13  Thanks for letting us know about the issue you ran into. Would you mind providing the specific make/model of TV that your device was connected to? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Mrsbeason
Level 1

What does it matter the tv model when multiple people are having the same issue? Mines been connected to an Emerson and a Samsung. Showing a quarter of the screen after a few minutes. I want a refund. First time buying a Roku and will never buy another!
0 Kudos