Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Express Black Screen

I bought my roku express yesterday. After setup it worked fine. This morning I started it up and pressed the Netflix button, the Netflix logo froze on the screen and now the screen has gone black. I've followed all of the restart directions. Pressing the reset button, disconnecting from power, etc. I can not see anything on the screen, no menu or home screen so I can't go into settings or do anything to reset using the remote. Any advice is appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Express Black Screen

No help ... I guess you get what you pay for... Returning this and just going to get another  Apple tv... Going cheap ends up costing more in the end after all of the time it takes to research and return over and over.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express Black Screen

@Needhelp12 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please make sure that when you are pressing the reset button that you are holding down the button for 30 seconds. Have you also tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as switching out the HDMI cable used to connected your device.

For more information about performing a factory reset, visit out Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos