Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Camerm1
Level 7

Roku 2 Not Loading Images

My Roku 2 isn’t loading images for amazon prime of Netflix. I’ve tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. The videos work fine but it’s hard to tell what I’m selecting because the still images don’t load; only blank squares. Can you advise? I’ve tried to contact the company over the phone but they’re not taking calls. Thanks 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 2 Not Loading Images

Try rebooting your modem and/or router as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 2 Not Loading Images

@Camerm1 wrote:

My Roku 2 isn’t loading images for amazon prime of Netflix. I’ve tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. The videos work fine but it’s hard to tell what I’m selecting because the still images don’t load; only blank squares. Can you advise? I’ve tried to contact the company over the phone but they’re not taking calls. Thanks 

There are five different models of Roku that used the number two in the name. Three of them are no longer supported, and the remaining two are still extremely old. If @renojim's suggestion doesn't help, you could try removing the channel, rebooting the Roku (do not skip this step) and adding the channel back. 

The Roku 2 4210 is five years old, while the rest are 7-9 years old. None but the 4210 can support the latest channels, and really lack processing power. You might consider upgrading your player. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos