Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Binny
Level 8

Public/private listening simultaneously

I have seen and read post about how the famous code up up down down up up up down down down with the volume toggle, gave one the ability to hear through remote earphones and tv speakers at the same time. I have also lost this feature on two televisions with the ultra units. I have also read about how this is due to an update. I am writing this to ask for forum users support. I have been in contact with Roku support for three weeks now. They would not acknowledge that this feature even existed. After providing them with a page from from forum of other users experiencing the same fate as I, they now claim they will pass it a long to engineering. Let me say, I have a hearing deficiency due to the effects of chemo. Without this feature, my wife and I can no longer watch programs together. For those of you that read it, please add you support to case #3281003. This is a feature we all lose due to an update. Even if you do not presently use it, you might need it in the future. Please write Roku and let them know of your concern.

5 Replies
marysunshine14
Level 9

Re: Public/private listening simultaneously

Thanks Binny!  At least you have had some communication with them. More than the rest of us got.

I didn't know that chemo could cause hearing issues.  I too have had chemo and my hearing is worse now than before I had the chemo.

Homefully they will fix/resolve this.  I sure miss it.

Please add me to case #3821003.

0 Kudos
Binny
Level 8

Correction. The case number is 3821003.

0 Kudos
marysunshine14
Level 9

Thanks Binny. Sorry.

0 Kudos
Binny
Level 8

I do not know what you are sorry for. The mistake was mine in the original post.

0 Kudos
marysunshine14
Level 9

@Binny wrote:

Correction. The case number is 3821003.

Hey Binny have you received any response from support concerning this issue.

Thank you Mary Ann

0 Kudos