Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bige40wings
Level 8

Premiere+ not waking up after sleep, without forcing a power cycle

Jump to solution

My Roku recently updated to software version 9.2.0 Build 4750-29, and since then it doesn't like to wake from sleep. I have to go unplug it and plug it back in. Here are my specs:

Model 4630RW - Roku Premiere+

Software version 9.2.0 build 4750-29

Display type 4K HDR 60Hz - HDCP 2.2

It works fine while in use, but once it goes to sleep, I cannot wake it back up without a power cycle.

I noticed this post here, which I think could be somewhat related:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Roku-Premiere-switches-from-4K-to-10...

But I didn't want to hijack that post with symptoms that aren't 100% identical.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bige40wings
Level 8

Re: Premiere+ not waking up after sleep, without forcing a power cycle

Jump to solution

Alright, so I have to admit this was totally my fault. And I apologize for starting a whole long thread for something that was user error. I moved some cables around and plugged the wrong HDMI cable into the Roku. My Harmony Hub was trying to find the Roku on TV input 1, but I had accidentally moved it to input 2.

The confusing part for me was that rebooting the Roku actually got it to display on the TV, without me touching the input setting. Turns out, my Vizio TV was smart enough to notice an HDMI signal on input 2 and automatically switched to it.

Once I moved the Roku back to TV input 1, it was totally fine again.

I'm sorry.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
36 Replies
trax
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having identical issues. 

The roku will not wake up without a reboot.

Everything the same as your issue except with a model 4640x.

Hogfan2502
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same Problem here, It has been working fine since i've had the premier plus, which is 3 years or so. Now all of the sudden the past few days I have to unplug my roku and plug it back in to get a picture/video on the screen. Works fine after that, but when I turn my tv off or switch to my xbox or ps4 and then switch back to my roku I get just a black screen, won't display anything. I again have to unplug it and plug it back in to get something on the screen besides a black screen. Very frustrating! 

I have my roku plugged up to a Denon receiver and a Samsung KS8000 TV. I've tried different HDMI cables, switched to another roku, etc, and they all do the same, have to unplug the roku and plug back in to get any video. I have an apple TV, xbox one x and ps4 hooked up to the same denon receiver and tv and those all work fine so it has to be a ROKU issue. 

bige40wings
Level 8

Jump to solution

From browsing around some of the other posts in here, I'm seeing quite A LOT of Roku users reporting very similar issues with the 9.2.0 build 4750 software version.

So, what do we do to get Roku developers to open a bug case, if we aren't using a newer model Roku device under warranty?

pgood555
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same problem here too. Roku makes a significant portion of their money on ads and tracking. I have quit using my Roku as they don't seem to care. I have streaming built in to my TV, while not as user friendly as Roku, at least I don't have to restart it every day. With Black Friday here, maybe a switch is in order...

Drew244
Level 7

Jump to solution

Add me to this list. Having same issues since the most recent update, with my Roku Premiere+ 4630XB connected to an Onkyo receiver hooked up to my Sony TV. Can only get it to work again by unplugging it. Tried a factory reset with no luck.

Jump to solution
Roku ultra is having the same problem. That Apple TV is looking like a sweeter and sweeter deal if this keeps up. Right now my only solution is don't turn off the tv.
markv
Level 8

Jump to solution

Add me to the list. Same symptoms, same Roku, dennon amp and Sony tv.

0 Kudos
Curlytx
Level 8

Jump to solution

+1 ... shame on Roku...Smiley Saddismal support 

DeannaB
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem.  It started after the last update.   All was working fine until then.   Your software engineers let a bug slip through.