Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
randys
Level 7

Premiere + and Ultra 4K Roku will NOT play Amazon 1080P

I am not getting any responses.

Go to Amazon prime, stream a show that is in 1080P and you will NOT see HD 1080P on the bottom of your screen and you should.

Someone please tell me they know what I am talking about.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
marks800
Level 8

Re: Premiere + and Ultra 4K Roku will NOT play Amazon 1080P

I would like to dig deeper. Are you talking about the TV displaying what the Roku is sending out to it? For example, I went to Amazon app on Roku on both the Streaming stick and the Ultra and selected a movie. Really hard finding one that will play lower than 4K these days. I went on my LG remote and selected the info button and the TV displayed that I was getting 4K output from the Roku. 

Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

John

0 Kudos
randys
Level 7

Not home now, later I will find a show Prime we can both watch that is 1080p and see what happens

thanks for responding

0 Kudos
randys
Level 7

Watch this show:

JamesMay, Our Man in Japan NOT in 4k, or really any Amazon prime original but find the NON 4k version of it...all of the original PRIME programming has both 4k and not...

On my Samsung TV app it shows HD1080P when you arrow down, while watching...on ROKU it is only HD and is NOT 1080P...

Let me know if you have the same result.

ps

by arrow down I mean at the bottom where the fast forward/pause stuff is, to the left of that it will show either HD or 4k but will NOT show HD 1080P and this is ONLY on the Roku so far, I guess I would have to buy the Amazon stick if my TV app wasnt working...bummer.

0 Kudos
marks800
Level 8

I gave it a try and when I pressed the down arrow on my Streaming Stick +, I did not get the resolution displayed. All I get is the fast forward controls, time line, CC, and show information up top. On my TV I can access the resolution information, format, and audio. It appears that the software version that the Roku's have do not include this info as far as I know. 

0 Kudos
randys
Level 7

How is your TV telling you what resolution you are seeing for a given source?  Mine shows me the resolution for that INPUT like Comcast or Prime or Netflix, but not per show...Do you have a Samsung?  I do and that is how mine works.

So you dont see the resolution period...That is how it used to be, but now you can see it with updates maybe, go to settings and see if you can update the ROKU.

Bottom line is ROKU is blowing it with this.  I guess I have to buy their newest, most expensive unit to find out if that one does it or not.  Thanks for helping.

0 Kudos
marks800
Level 8

I have a newer LG and it shows the source at the top when selecting the info button. I think that my Denon receiver is up-scaling the show to 4K. 20200126_100755.jpg

Now the Roku app for Amazon shows the following information:20200126_100656.jpg

My software version is 9.2.0 Build 4807 and I have the newest model (streaming Stick +). I tried a few more apps (Netfix, History) and it does not show the resolution. My Ultra is new and does the exact same thing. So far I cannot find any settings that gives me that info.

Perhaps Roku rep could chime in and shed some light on the issue.

John

0 Kudos
randys
Level 7

Yes, the LG is merely saying the input is recognized to be 4k, but each video wont be and they vary etc.

I have among others a 4630X

4807-29

Yes, would LOVE ROKU to chime in here, if this cant be resolved I will not use ROKU at all and will buy whatever it is AMAZON uses.

0 Kudos