Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kanadkanhere
Level 7

Not getting dolby audio with screen mirroring

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have the Roku 3600x Stick and I am connecting to it as wireless display from my windows 10 laptop. I am able to cast the video properly but I only get 2 channel audio. Not able to get multichannel audio. I have confirmed that the video I am playing has multichannel audio and that my media player is able to process it  (by connecting my laptop over hdmi cable I get the dolby audio fine).

Is it that Roku Stick doesn't support multichannel audio over miracast? Does Roku Stick+ support it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Not getting dolby audio with screen mirroring

Jump to solution

@kanadkanhere Thanks for the note. Screen mirroring isn't intended for that type of video playback and does not support surround sound multi-channel audio. For that type of playback, we'd recommend trying to connect your computer directly to your TV or receiver to play from the source directly. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Not getting dolby audio with screen mirroring

Jump to solution

@kanadkanhere Thanks for the note. Screen mirroring isn't intended for that type of video playback and does not support surround sound multi-channel audio. For that type of playback, we'd recommend trying to connect your computer directly to your TV or receiver to play from the source directly. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos