Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
urmechanic
Level 7

My Roku stops playing when watching a movie except for Netflix

my Roku stops playing like every 5 min HBO Apple tv etc name it but except for Netflix   it will just take me back to home screen again and resume the show   how do i fix this 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My Roku stops playing when watching a movie except for Netflix

@urmechanic 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What channels are you experiencing this issue? How are you powering the Roku device? Specific steps to reproduce the issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
urmechanic
Level 7

Re: My Roku stops playing when watching a movie except for Netflix

roku express set up  its been fine for last few months now when i try using apple tv  or hbo max  any show i play will play like for 1-2 min and just shuts down takes me back to home  i can resume yes where i was but every 2-3 min same story   funny thing this doesnt happen with Netflix  i am about to watch some UFC events coming up this weekends and dont want to pay the event on espn if this this going to be the case Smiley Sad

0 Kudos