Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rogelitos617
Level 7

Lip Sync Issue

Hello All, 

I'm having an audio synch issue with Hulu Live and other apps on the Roku Express. The audio doesn't seem to match the lips of the people who are speaking. I tried restarting the device, unplugging the device, changing the wifi networks, deleting and downloading the apps, and so on. I did some research and even changed the audio settings on the device itself and the television. Anyone going through the same issues? Thanks!  

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10\
AskUncleJohn
Level 7

Re: Lip Sync Issue

Yes I Have... Totally takes all the fun out if TV.. What I had to do was... Reset the Breaker for that outlet. This Reset the TV and the wifi and Cable box all at once. It still happens every 6 months or so. It worked for me.. Good Luck.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Creative solution, thanks for sharing it. It might be interesting next time, to just reset one at a time and see if you can narrow down which is the culprit.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Karmagedon
Level 10

My experience has been good, long periods since last time I encountered this.  But I have upgraded the Internet service.  For me it was making sure the Internet speed and wireless signal both need to be good to get the content from provider to your device, same for any device or PC.  

Check Internet and network 

- Settings -> Network -> check network (reconnects and updates the wireless connection)

- Make sure signal strength and Internet download speed both at least good

0 Kudos
healthchic
Level 7

Re: Lip Sync Issue on all channels in Roku

My connections are excellent, but the problem still exists!  What can I do?????

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@healthchic 

The solution/workaround depends on the specific issue you have and its source.

Try:

1)  Rewind the content 10 seconds - try again

2) Restart the content - try again

3) Restart your Roku:  Settings/System/System restart/Restart - try again

4) Unplug all devices (TV/AVR/Soundbar/Roku/etc) from AC for 5-10 minutes, then power them on in the following order:  A) Soundbar/AVR, B) TV, C) Roku, D) other devices - try again

0 Kudos
healthchic
Level 7

Will I have to add channels again by restarting?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@healthchic wrote:

Will I have to add channels again by restarting?

No, you are doing a Restart - not a Factory Reset.

0 Kudos
healthchic
Level 7

Reset worked!!  Thanks so much for the suggestion!!

0 Kudos
LKTT
Level 7

Had a similar issue over the past year.  The Roku had an update recently, then it started to have intermittent black screens throughout the entire system.  Found an article to solve the video issue, which was to perform a factory reset.  Since then, my audio and video issues has been resolved. This is a lot longer to complete then a simple reset, as you will need to reactivate everything. But, if the issuer persists and seems to become more frequent then I would go this route.  There may be an issue with the installation of one of the updates.

0 Kudos