Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BetterGetItWork
Level 7

I have a Roku Ultra Streaming Media Player 4K/HD/HDR 4670RW. How do I power off Roku itself?

Roku Ultra streaming player model 4670w does not power off with remote. and it keeps continuously streaming even when TV is off now using Roku remote.

How do I switch Roku device off?  It is always on and using network bandwidth

0 Kudos
2 Replies
andyross
Level 16

Re: I have a Roku Ultra Streaming Media Player 4K/HD/HDR 4670RW. How do I power off Roku itself?

Roku's do not turn off. There is a bandwidth saver that should cut the connection after a few hours of no interaction. Otherwise, get in the habit of hitting the HOME button before turning off the TV. That will cancel out any running channels and the bandwidth usage will be near zero (just occasional channel and firmware update checks.)

0 Kudos
BetterGetItWork
Level 7

Re: I have a Roku Ultra Streaming Media Player 4K/HD/HDR 4670RW. How do I power off Roku itself?

Thanks. When I use power off on Roku remote, a basic expectation would be to turn Roku off. Or give that as a configurable option. 

0 Kudos