Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Hisense Roku TV low volume after 8.1 update

Hisense 50R6D rokutv
very low volume even using a yamaha receiver for sound
notice it on all channels
if I hook up a roku stick to hdmi port, volume is much much louder via stick
if I listen to OTA channels volume is much louder
If i go through my apple mac mini, volume is very loud

this seems to be a roku issue...PLEASE FIX THIS

seems many people have this same issue with built in rokus on roku tv
Highlighted
Level 7

just want to add this to my above post

I bought the Hisense tv in November of last year.   The volume has always been very low on all channels via roku tv but if I used the roku stick, it was much much louder.   This seems to be a Rokutv software issue.  Please increase the volume levels on roku tvs. 
Highlighted
Level 7

RokuTV 7506X
Device ID: DK77A2674580
Roku account: [personal information removed]
MODEL: E4SW5017RKU

Usually between 18 and 23 on regular tv, currently on Netflix at 72 and still can barely hear.
Highlighted
Level 18

Perhaps it's specific to TV brands. With both my Insignia and Sharp Roku TV, OTA volume is usually around 15-20, while YouTube needs to be turned down to 8-9 and Amazon is usually around 12. Both TVs can get very loud. Since these are both used in a den-like setting, we are sitting no more than 5-6 feet from the TVs. Makes me think it's the audio amplifiers used in the Hisense, not the Roku firmware. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just bought a 55" TCL Roku TV (55S405), and I already have this is. It's kind of frustrating, because I just replaced my Element Fire TV for having poor sound.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

A little late on my comment, of course, but perhaps in the future there might be a better way to provide account info without having to expose an email address on a public forum. I'm thinking a link to a form that would obviously have to be created by the web team for a particular purpose. Just a thought. We all get enough spam as it is, lol.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

"Heyitsrick" wrote:
A little late on my comment, of course, but perhaps in the future there might be a better way to provide account info without having to expose an email address on a public forum. I'm thinking a link to a form that would obviously have to be created by the web team for a particular purpose. Just a thought. We all get enough spam as it is, lol.

When providing account particulars, you should send a private message to RokuShawn. I agree that using your email in a public forum can lead to massive spam.  Smiley Very Happy
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just got a Hisense 65" TV and have this problem. Any updates on a fix for this??

Roku TV 7216X
Hisense model 65R6+
software version 8.1.2 build 4038-39
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same issues with my TCL Roku TV.

Roku TV 6106X
TCL model 50UP130
Serial number YW007C681542
Software version 8.2.0 build 4170-22
Device ID 6G9007681542
Roku account email: [personal information removed]

Using Netflix, Plex, and YouTube streaming channels, all of them have the issue. The TV used to be really loud around 45 volume, now it's quiet unless I get it above 50 and some things are still quiet even at 100.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Very low sound with or without very expensive CEC sound bar that blares sound otherwise.

7109x
65c807
Ys000k6162501
8.20 build 4167-30
9xf81k162501
0 Kudos