Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
highnoon1966
Level 8

Harmony Remote - Auto installing or launching apps on wake up

Jump to solution

I have just this week purchased a Roku Premiere and it is exhibiting odd behaviour when it wakes up from its slumber for the first time every day. Firstly it would auto install Pluto TV even though it is not one of my chosen channels on the website store. It did this twice and I deleted it twice from my Roku but on its third attempt to install it I left it in my list of apps to see what happened on the next day. Now on wake up it auto launches the my5 app which I have installed in my library of channels. It has done this two days running now. Surely this behaviour cannot be normal can it? Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
highnoon1966
Level 8

Re: Auto installing or launching apps on wake up

Jump to solution

I think I may have found the problem. I have the Roku set up with my tv and soundbar as an activity on my Harmony remote control. I just checked all the settings for that activity and found the Harmony was sending a "play" command when entering the Roku activity and a "stop" command when exiting the activity. I just switched these two commands off and initiated the activity and all was ok.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

Definitely not normal.  There isn't any reason it should install something when it wakes up (from screensaver).  When you say "on wake up", do you power it down every night or do you mean just waking it from screensaver?  By chance are you using a remote control app on your phone?

0 Kudos
highnoon1966
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick reply. It is plugged in to the mains permanently and not powered down at any time. It is when it wakes up from screensaver that the two issues have been occurring. I changed the screensaver it uses last night to a different one, whether that will have any effect I don't know.

0 Kudos
highnoon1966
Level 8

Jump to solution

I think I may have found the problem. I have the Roku set up with my tv and soundbar as an activity on my Harmony remote control. I just checked all the settings for that activity and found the Harmony was sending a "play" command when entering the Roku activity and a "stop" command when exiting the activity. I just switched these two commands off and initiated the activity and all was ok.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos