Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bencbuchanan
Level 7

HDCP error and not detecting 4K on Vizio M55-E0 / Streaming Stick+

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I've just purchased a Streaming Stick + and connected it directly to the HDMI 4 port (side port) on my Vizio M55-E0 which supports 4K/HDR. During setup, it only detected 1080P / HDCP 1.4. Vizio specs say it is a HDCP2.2 port at 4K (https://www.vizio.com/m55e0.html?bvstate=pg:3/ct:r). When I try to playback anything e.g. press play in Netflix, I get a HDCP error.

Any suggestions on resolving these issues? I haven't tried other ports yet since I'm waiting for the HDMI extender to arrive so I can try them as they are on the back of the tv. 

Thanks

Ben

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bencbuchanan
Level 7

Re: HDCP error and not detecting 4K on Vizio M55-E0 / Streaming Stick+

Jump to solution

My HDMI extender just arrived, so I used that to connect to HDMI 1 (instead of 4) and all seems to be working, so that solved it.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13\
CincyJAS
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am also having the same issue and am interested in anyone who may have resolved this!

0 Kudos
paularnautoff
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am also having the same issue!

0 Kudos
bencbuchanan
Level 7

Jump to solution

My HDMI extender just arrived, so I used that to connect to HDMI 1 (instead of 4) and all seems to be working, so that solved it.

View solution in original post

CincyJAS
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, my extender arrived today and my issue is also now resolved.  Note that I also had to use in HDMI 1  and not HDMI 4.  I haven't tried HDMI 2 or HDMI 3 - just went with what I saw was working.

Thanks Roku!

0 Kudos
Roggy
Level 7

Jump to solution

Has anyone (or can anyone) test and see if HDMI ports 2 or 3 work on the Vizio M series TVs? Everyone has been able to get port 1 to work, but I need port 1 for the ARC to my soundbar and can't use it for the Roku. I'm stuck waiting for the HDMI extender since the streaming stick+ doesn't fit on the Vizio's. If 2 or 3 don't work, I will need to look for another option product 

0 Kudos
Dr_Lizard26
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the same issue here. No extender, so I used a Rocketfish HDMI coupler with an AmazonBasics HDMI cable in HDMI-1. I was able to get the "splash screen" to work but then my tv went to black and said "No Signal." Same result in HDMI-2 and 3 as well. 

0 Kudos
CincyJAS
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello,

I had the issue with the side HDMI port.  Roku sent me the extender, and I instinctively put it into HDMI 1 as that was available for me and that's what everyone else was doing.

Today I moved it into HDMI 2 as you mentioned that you needed HDMI 1 to use ARC.  I'm happy to report that my Roku also works with HDMI 2 and the extender.

Hope you have the same result.

0 Kudos
paularnautoff
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had this same situation. Unfortunately I could not get any of the other ports to work except for HDMI 1 because it is ARC. That said I was fortunate that my soundbar has an HDMI input so I was able to plug the Roku stick into the soundbar and piggyback off of it's access to the HDMI 1 ARC port in the TV.

0 Kudos
paularnautoff
Level 7

Jump to solution

To be clear... I could not get the Roku to work with any other port besides HDMI 1. HDMI 2 did not work for me like one of the other users and I'm not sure why.

0 Kudos