Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcabigao
Level 8

HDCP Error Detected happens in some commercials while watching videos

When watching ABC, HGTV, Food Network, NBC, and other channels, the HDCP Error Detected message comes out during some of the commercials. Can anyone explain the reason this is happening and is there a fix to this?

[post moved to appropriate board]

9 Replies
NCAviator
Level 8

Re: HDCP Error Detected happens in some commercials while watching videos

Same thing is happening to me with a Roku Ultra.  Happened around the time of the 9.2 update and when Roku changed how they switch and show ADs.  

samedia
Level 9

Have the same problem on Premier+ running 9.2.0 4144-29. It started after the 9.2 update. It's annoying ..

Roku Premiere Plus
Version 9.4.0 Build 4200-29
0 Kudos
mixedbouquet
Level 7

Same thing just started on my Roku Ultra. It just started yesterday, and it happens only when commercials load. I don't think that it is a coincidence that my Roku also received the update to 9.2.0 yesterday morning - the same day this problem began.

I did all of the troubleshooting steps at least three times. I even switched the HDMI cable to a newer one I purchased for another device, and that didn't help, either.  My TV is an older LG that is not a 4G TV, but it is capable of 1080p. I have tried all of the display settings just to see if ANY of them would work, and they do not. I've returned it to "auto" for now.  It's not connected to any other devices except a router via the ethernet cable. And that connection was reset as well.

This was working up until the update to 9.2.0 yesterday morning. I'm pretty angry.

samedia
Level 9

Roku have broken the HDCP in the last update or something is not right.  The issue is more predominant on Youtube..  It doesn't happen on FilmRise with 5 ads in a row.. Go figure... 

Roku Premiere Plus
samedia
Level 9

This solution has worked for me.

Settings -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced Display Settings -> Auto-adjust display refresh rate if it's set to Enabled, set it to Disabled, Then go to HDR subsampling and set it to 4:2:0

Roku Premiere Plus
mixedbouquet
Level 7

Thanks. I tried that, and every other sub setting. None of them have worked.  This problem just started with their last update. And it only happens when trying to watch YouTube.   I can watch YouTube videos, and the ads, just fine with my Amazon Fire stick, even plugged in to the same HDMI port I'm using for the Roku. I've even switched HDMI cables.  I've tried everything.  The problem is with the Roku - they clearly broke something. It was working fine up until the last update.  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
rcabigao
Level 8

Thanks. This solution also worked for me. The HDCP errors during commercials on the channels that I watch were gone.

0 Kudos
Behenchod
Level 9

This solution works for me when I set the auto display refresh rate to disabled and left the hdr subsampling on 4:2:2

0 Kudos
rcabigao
Level 8

Leaving hdr subsampling on 4:2:2 also works. Thanks.

0 Kudos