Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

HBO Max Not working

HBO Max app is not navigable and roku streaming stick is slow with it, freezes, and then bounces me back to home screen

53 Replies
Level 9

Re: HBO Max Not working

Having same problem....

Level 9

Let us just go back to Hbo now! That worked!

Level 9

Same here.   I've waited for about six months for the app to be available on Roku, (it comes with my AT&T TV package but I haven't been able to use it), and now it doesn't work.

I've gone through adding it, restarting my system, deleting it, re-adding it, and still the app controls don't respond, options are below the viewable part of the screen and don't respond to the remote .... then after about a minute you here "click, click, click" like it's trying to process the queued clicks from the remote and then it just kicks me back out of the app and back to the Roku Home screen.

I even tried physically removing my Roku streaming stick and re-installing it for a "hard reset", went through the same "Troubleshooting" process, removed the app again, re-added it, still the same results.

Level 12

What models of Roku boxes (or TVs) are people using here that are having the problems? I'm fine with HBO Max on my 4800x Roku Ultra 2020 and 4320x Roku 3. No viewing issues.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I fix d it by : going to Hbo max app on my phone - SETTINGS then DEVICES- then sign out of all devices.

Remove channel from Roku

Restart Roku 

Reinstall channel 

It’s been working fine so far. 
Let others know- the fix came from Danny at Roku 
Aloha from Kauai 

Level 9

I'm trying to run it on a Roku streaming stick with Roku version 9.4.0; build 4200-09; last system update at 02:36 on 12/18/2020, last checked for updates on hour ago, 12/20/2020.

All of my network and wi-fi tests are good and my internet connect is AT&T fiber.

The phone step is not applicable in my case, as I've never had the app installed on my phone.  (I don't watch movie on a 6"x4" phone screen!)

Level 9

Roku streaming stick ... Roku 9.4.0; build 4200-09, last update 12/18/2020 at 02:36, no new updates available.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I just tried it on another Roku connected TV with a 3920-x and it works there.

Apparently I won't be able to use it on the TV with my streaming stick unless I replace it or swap devices to use HBO Max in that room.

0 Kudos
Level 9

3500x

Os 9.4.0

0 Kudos