Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hyjack5
Level 7

Expanded Stereo not working with Airplay

So backstory I have a Hisense Roku TV 43" 6 series (2018 or '19) and a Roku Soundbar with the expanded stereo connected. So like Roku within Roku but no issues yet till now.

So I don't own an iPhone but one of my friends wanted to play music via Airplay (he connected to the Soundbar which has the Roku Wireless TV speakers and subwoofer connected to it) but I noticed that the expanded stereo does not work with Airplay? When using Pandora, Spotify, and YT Music all work with the expanded stereo but not Airplay. Also I can pull up the star options (*) through my TV OS but when I press the star button (*) on my Soundbar remote I see the standby light flash like I pressed something but it doesn't pull up the A/V options like usual so I can't see if the expanded stereo is actually working on the Soundbar and when I try to change the audio settings on the TV (which usually works too) it doesn't change anything, however the bass boost sound option still works I just can't change the expanded stereo settings.

So I don't know if the no options menu (*) and no expanded stereo issue is with the Airplay integration or what, I haven't had any issues yet with my setup. So if anyone knows anything it would be greatly appreciated.

Also hope everything makes sense and feel free to ask if you have any questions. 

Roku TV Roku TV Wireless Speakers 

Roku Smart Soundbar Roku Wireless Subwoofer

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Jredfox2
Level 7

Re: Expanded Stereo not working with Airplay

Having this same issue. 
any resolutions?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Expanded Stereo not working with Airplay

@Jredfox2

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about the issue running into? What is the model of the device you are experiencing this issue with? Does your expanded stereo work with your device before and just recently get this issue? What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Please keep us posted and we will assist you further.

Thanks,

Cyril

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos