Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parsrgood
Level 9

Ethernet connected Roku Ultra requires reboot daily.

My three month old Roku Ultra was humming along just fine until recently. It now needs to be rebooted (unplugged and plugged back in) daily. I have jumped through all of the generic hoops. Boot reboot. New batteries in the remote. Re pair remote with the tv and roku. And then the time consuming reset to factory default. Nothing works. I'm hoping someone has a answer to this issue as Roku customer support is far from supportive. They don't provide phone or internet support and they're using a virus for a excuse to not stand behind a three month old faulty device. I have no less than 10 roku's in our home and it's a shame they don't stand behind their products.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
StreamerUser
Level 16

Re: Ethernet connected Roku Ultra requires reboot daily.

Not clear what exactly the issue(s) is...but assuming you have 9.4.0-4190 or 9.4.1-4208 (4800 only) - Settings/System/System update/Check Now...

Make sure you inform Roku directly:

Chat or email:   https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options   (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help)

or message @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
parsrgood
Level 9

The device updates automatically. I check to make sure it’s up to date each time the device fails to turn on. To simplify what’s wrong. The device seems to be going to sleep and after several hours being up, it can’t be woke. As I said, I’ve paired the remote, tried another remote and reset to factory default. Nothing has worked.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@parsrgood 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
parsrgood
Level 9

Thanks, after not starting again this morning I gathered this info for you per instructions. Model #4670X- Roku Ultra. Ser # YJOOFG517425. Software Version 9.4.0 * build 4190-46. Timestamp 2020-11-23T15:13:05Z. Issue ID 25-471-793. As I mentioned earlier in thread I have paired and tried other roku remotes and did a factory reset. Any help would be great.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@parsrgood 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
parsrgood
Level 9

Thank you Danny. The device is very hard to get to as most of our roku's are positioned behind wall mounted tv's. Very hard to unplug and plug every morning. 

0 Kudos
parsrgood
Level 9

It’s been well over two weeks now since I sent the diagnostic info that the Roku engineers requested. Crickets. No response. We jump through all the hoops. Gather tech info for them and that’s as far as it goes. A warranty is only as good as the manufacturer who issues it. I’m tired of having to reach behind our huge wall mounted Samsung to reboot the Roku. Please respond Roku. I know you have a moderator. Next step BBB.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

Considering the new 2020 Ultra (4800) got an updated firmware build yesterday, I would be surprised if the 4670 (and most other currently supported models) didn't have a new build by next Thursday (if they follow recent firmware release practice).

So while they may not respond directly to you (they rarely do in my bug/error/issue reporting experience), they are likely incorporating feedback for the next build release (likely in the next week or so, may be slightly longer considering all the issues/feedback for 9.4.0-4190 and previous builds for all the different models etc).

As to whether the issues you experience are addressed/fixed when it is released...is another story entirely...

Regardless, you can always send followup emails/messages... and/or file with the BBB if you feel that is necessary...

0 Kudos