Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffOnWire
Level 7

Distorted Double Image in Green

Sometimes when I switch the TV input to view my Roku I see the Roku home screen duplicated side by side, out of proportion, and with heavy green tinting (as if it's lost other colors). System restart fixes the problem. Have no idea if this is my TV or the Roku. How can I start troubleshooting this?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
socantra
Level 7

Re: Distorted Double Image in Green

"JeffOnWire" wrote:
Sometimes when I switch the TV input to view my Roku I see the Roku home screen duplicated side by side, out of proportion, and with heavy green tinting (as if it's lost other colors). System restart fixes the problem. Have no idea if this is my TV or the Roku. How can I start troubleshooting this?

In your two posts this morning, you describe two completely different issues and ask how you start to troubleshoot those issues.

A good start would be to provide some information on your setup, so someone might have a chance of providing you some assistance.

Please refer to the "When reporting issues" post at the top of the page.
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
0 Kudos
MyTV
Level 7

My Roku Express just started doing the same thing. I can be watching the TV all day, but once it goes into sleep mode or is switched off. I tried to research the issue or get support from the Roku page with no avail. Did you resolved the issue? Do you have any suggestions?
0 Kudos
socantra
Level 7

"MyTV" wrote:
My Roku Express just started doing the same thing. I can be watching the TV all day, but once it goes into sleep mode or is switched off. I tried to research the issue or get support from the Roku page with no avail. Did you resolved the issue? Do you have any suggestions?

A good start would be to provide some information on your setup, so someone might have a chance of providing you some assistance.

Please refer to the "When reporting issues" post at the top of the page.
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
0 Kudos
MyTV
Level 7

I searched the forum for answers regarding the green screen which appears to be a common issues. Also I cannot find any thread or post titled When reporting issues

I have all default settings. Nothing had changed since the unit was installed.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"MyTV" wrote:
I searched the forum for answers regarding the green screen which appears to be a common issues. Also I cannot find any thread or post titled When reporting issues

I have all default settings. Nothing had changed since the unit was installed.

When reporting issues...
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos