Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Defective Ruko Express+ Composite?

I just purchased the Roku Express+ Composite for my large main TV because the HDMI ports quit working. Once I got the Roku all plugged in and start following the setup prompts, it gets to where the "updating software" is complete and then nothing. The TV goes blank and says "no input". I tried over several times and even tried it on 2 newer TV's via the HDMI cable and get the same results. I do have an existing Roku Express that works great on my other TV's. Is this Roku unit possibly defective?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Defective Ruko Express+ Composite?

If you just purchased it and never got it to work.......could be.

Go exchange it for a new or better one.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I can only use one with composite connections. This unit is the only one I found that might work. I was hoping to talk to someone directly but this site does not offer that choice.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

When you say "composite" do you mean RCA plugs?

Anyway you can speak with someone directly [content removed]

some people do use RCA cables with older TV's that dont have HDMI.

I doubt the Roku is defective.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of this page to classic favorites you'll find the express + 2018:

https://www.roku.com/products/players

Edmund