Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larrsz
Level 8

Re: Black Screen on TV After Updating

Jump to solution

So now I am getting the black screen between apps. Finished up a video on YouTube and went to CBS All Access and got it. If this is not fixed soon, I am going to another platform. 

Josh1982
Level 7

Jump to solution

Did you get it fixed? My roku stick works on one tv, but not my primary. I reset it and the purple screen with the bouncing roku pops up then immediately goes black. Been trying to fix this for 2 days now. Really irritating because if I have to buy another, I'll lose all my saved libraries on youtube tv, Netflix, etc. 

larrsz
Level 8

Jump to solution

No, I have not. It apparently has something to do with resolutions as sometimes, my TV reports an odd resolution is being sent through to the TV (don't remember the exact thing but it is 4400 X something). I have found that we can either pull the Roku power and let it reboot or we can pull the HDMI cable and replug it. The first solution works every time, the second only sometimes. The problem is that now, I sometimes get the problem between apps, otherwise I would just plug the Roku into the TV's USB socket and make it restart each time the TV is turned on. As I stated previously, I have tried two different Roku units, one a Premiere and the other a Premiere Plus as well as different inputs on the TV and two different HDMI cables. It could be the TV firmware or the Roku firmware. Not sure which, unfortunately.

Joker4235
Level 7

Re: HDMI Issues since 9.2

Jump to solution

I have to hold the home button til it comes up.

nocable
Level 11

Jump to solution

When rebooting my 4660, with a Micro SD card, at some point, I get a black screen that lasts a least a minute. I've learned to be patient with updates and reboots. Even after the Home screen comes up, I wait another minute or so, until the message pops up that my SD card is linked...

Unlike a laptop computer, Roku does not show you a spinning wheel until the reboot is complete.

2018 Ultra 4660
0 Kudos
Tek3chick
Level 7

Jump to solution

Dude you are a life saver. Followed all the rights and up and dow . And it restarted. Thank you so much 

NALEQ
Level 7

Jump to solution

Replaced gdmi cable 4times.  Switched hdmi port numerous times.  Reatarted my routers numerous times.  Replaced outer 2 times.  Still getting black screen.  I unplug the Roku, wait 10 secs, plugged it back on and I get rhw dancing ROKU emblem for approximately 5 seconds and then it goes back to a black screen.  UGHHH!!!

DamePinky
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to us last night.  It worked the night before, but when we tried it last night, black screen.  It did respond to voice commands, though.  Weird.

Unplugged the power and HDMI cord from the unite, counted to 30, reconnected, and no more black screen.  Was glad to see others had the same problem and that my unit wasn't defective.  

itbroke
Level 7

Jump to solution

31July2020.  turned on ROKU 4kPremier+ using remote, after two weeks away.  observed ROKU logo bouncing on TV screen, and then a small audible "pop" and the TV screen goes BLACK. Ran through sequences of (a) powering off/powering up the ROKU, (b) power off/on the TV, (c) powering off/on the router, (d) rest button on bottom of the ROKU.

checked two other ROKU devices in home, and they both work same as they always did.  But the one, just shows BLACK.

No way to log into it and check status, or settings.  Just "BLACK screen of Death", like the other folks.  No meaningful support. Need reliable streaming hardware: Anyone got suggestions for better companies?

lmf09c
Level 7

Jump to solution

Worked like a dream for me. Thanks!

0 Kudos