Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Firestorm59
Level 8

Audio issues after 9.4 Update Roku Ultra

Hi all,

After upgrading my Roku Ultra 4670x to 9.4 OS I have lost all audio codec support except for AAC stereo.

When playing even standard AC3 2.0 the Plex app transcodes this to AAC stereo and reports “audio stream is not compatible”. Same for all DTS and eAC3 formats.

I’m guessing the update has upset the HDMI handshake between the Roku and my AVR.

I have checked the Roku audio settings and nothing has changed or can be changed there, same in Plex. My setup is the same it has been for 2 years.

Also the Roku’s “volume modes” are grayed out in all apps. When I hover over the in-app menu it says “automatic volume modes have not been enabled”. There has never been an option to turn these on or off.

Please let me know if this is a Roku or Plex issue.

5 Replies
Maybear52
Level 7

Re: Audio issues after 9.4 Update Roku Ultra & plus devices

I am experiencing video to sound synch issues across all channels since the 9.4.0 upgrade. It does not matter if it is a premium channel or not. The video to sound synch will vary in delay, I have experienced as much as one second plus to just one word. It does not do this all the time, but only occurred since 9.4.0 upgrade. Help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
insomnic
Level 7

Re: Audio issues after 9.4 Update Roku Ultra

I am also experiencing this issue via Plex as well as Roku Media Player.

Lots of references to this problem at the Plex forums with topics like this one: https://forums.plex.tv/t/latest-tcl-roku-tv-update-causing-plex-audio-sync-issues/653534

0 Kudos
Maybear52
Level 7

FYI - I watched PBS this morning a concert reunion for Fleetwood Mac from 1997. The entire concert was out-of-synch. Drove me nuts, especially Lindsey Buckingham's guitar rifts and Fleetwood's drum solo's the sound to video was off as much as two seconds. To restate I am experiencing this across all channels, not with 100% regularity but enough to ask someone to notice and find all of us a fix. Yes Plex is included.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Make sure you report this directly to Roku:

Chat or email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help)

and/or message @RokuDanny-R 

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Maybear52
Level 7

Re: Audio issues after 9.4 Update Roku Ultra &Plus Devices

Thanks for the suggestion. I reported this to ROKU - NO RESPONSE. Also, unless you are using an Ultra product I can find no way to communicate with ROKU.

0 Kudos