Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kyledag500
Level 8

Airplay Out of Sync With HomePod / Phone

I am loving the new HomeKit / AirPlay Support but I’ve noticed it seems to be 0.5-1s behind what my phone says when I use it to AirPlay from Apple Music.

I’ll play the song and the time on the bottom of the TV is about a second behind the time showing on my phone. Not a huge issue. However if I try to AirPlay to both my TV and my HomePod, they are out of sync and it makes it impossible to play music to both. The HomePod is about just slightly ahead of the TV. 

also, the remote UI in HomeKit is missing a Home button which makes it hard to replace my real remote.

lastly, adjusting the volume on AirPlay or in the HomeKit remote does not reflect on the TV so once again I need to constantly use the real remote.

Roku TV 

3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Airplay Out of Sync With HomePod / Phone

@kyledag500 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-iOS version on your device
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Hodges2019
Level 7

I appreciate your interest. I did try again last night and the Roku Airplay seemed to be working just fine….sound/lips in sync.

-Roku device model: 55S401
-serial number: YN00UH615582
-device ID: CN681U615582

Roku Software: 9.4.0 Build 4190.30
-software OS/version: iPad Air 2 OS 14.2

0 Kudos
kyledag500
Level 8

I am unsure of who @Hodges2019 is speaking to but my originally posted issue is not yet fixed.

Here is the information as requested:

Roku Model: Roku TV 108X (on TCL Model 65R625)

Serial Number: X00300S8KTMW

Device ID: S053Y988KTMW

Software Version: 9.4.0 (build 4190-880)

iOS Version: 14.2

Issue ID: MW-479-245 *

* I was unable to get the issue reporter directly from inside of AirPlay. I had to play AirPlay, hit home, then do the home 5x and back 5x. I hope this still provides the correct logs/data. 

It is worth noting that I did some more testing and audio is synced when using the TV's built-in speakers, but not when using an eArc soundbar (Sony HT-S350). Audio control also worked as expected when using built-in speakers but did not work at all when the soundbar was plugged in (shows volume indicator but doesn't adjust).

0 Kudos