Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rscarmouche
Level 7

Re: After ROKU update Amazon prime will only play audio and video is frozen Roku express

Jump to solution

Second that!  Just checked mine, it is working now.  Thanks @RokuDanny-R Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
psb
Level 8

Re: After ROKU update Amazon prime will only play audio and video is frozen Roku express

Jump to solution

NOTE.   This is not the first time this has happened.   It's happened several times this year.  The problem affects ALL video selections on Amazon Prime.   Controls and tiles work OK, audio plays fine when you select a title, the system activity icon indicates that it is trying to play something, but the screen is blank (dark gray, actually) and NO VIDEO.    As I said, this is an ongoing problem.   The last time Roku / Amazon fixed this (back a few months) someone had to undo some sort of push they made to update the software.

The info you requested:

Model: Roku Express + 3910RW

S/N: YG0098389772

Device ID: C53959389772

Roku OS: 9.3.0 Build 4194-51

Amazon Prime Version: 11.4 Build: 2020072310.

Connected via RGB (Composite) cable.

ALL OTHER CHANNELS WORK FINE.  NO ISSUES.

Last time I checked (when problem first resurfaced a couple of nights ago) all software was reporting "current".

Dear Roku Folks.   This is really getting old.    Please fix this once and for all.

0 Kudos
Nash1935
Level 8

Jump to solution

I got an old TV and using the composite cable that came with my Roku

0 Kudos
Nash1935
Level 8

Jump to solution

After seeing some responses saying theirs are now working....I just checked and mine is now working...YEA

THANKS 

0 Kudos
Mglowe
Level 7

Jump to solution

Connected through HDMI.  It worked okay up until this Tuesday.  Now it gets locked at the logo page.  I am resident in Canada.  

Roku information

Software version: 9.3.0

Build: 4194-51

Model 3900X Roku Express

Device ID C3395D677394

0 Kudos
Mglowe
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just to be clear, Amazon Prime is not working at all on my Roku Express.  It does not get past the Prime Video logo.  I am connected using HDMI and all other channels - Netflix among others - are all working.

0 Kudos
coppernikle
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hey, Danny:  

Just now switched from the old Roku unit back to the Express+, found video has again returned to Prime's stream.  (Was reluctant to switch back to newer unit, Season/Episode choice screens are so much clearer, easier to read on the old model.  I don't wear/need glasses, the Express+ titles/lettering is just teeny-tiny, fuzzy--but do still enjoy the creativity of the screen saver Smiley Happy  

TV is an older Sylvania (21"?, rarely used prior to October 2018), connected to the "black box" issued free to all analog tv owners when channels went digital years back.  Both Roku units connect via the yellow-white-red plugs to the bottom front of the tv.

So appreciate your good work!  Be well and be safe, babe.

coppernikle

0 Kudos
VeryAmerican
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi I am having this same problem too. 

Model 3810x roku streaming stick plus

Yh005r890137

9.3 build 4194-50

It goes to a dark gray screen and will sometimes play a commercial but does not do video or does not do audio on any selection from prime. 

Other streaming apps seem to work fine. 

0 Kudos
Lbryant466
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem just with all of the apps what do I do 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Lbryant466

Thanks for the post.

Couple of suggestions:

1) Try removing the channels from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channels back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

2) Have you already tried updating your Roku device to make sure it's running the latest OS? Once you have updated to the latest OS, have you tried checking to see if you are still experiencing an issue? For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos