Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Ads Causing Multiple Channels to Zoom In

Jump to solution

@src70 I HAVE A SOLUTION TO YOUR SOUND PROBLEM!! Smiley Happy

1) * button (options)

2) Scroll down to "volume mode."

3 Turn off. 

Leveling has a failure to reconcile sudden adjustments that result in stuttered or nonexistent volume. I spent months trying to find a solution. This will likely be your solution as well. Feel free to turn it back on. You'll just have to trigger the option off/ on again next time it faults. SO much faster than a reset!

LittleSarah
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the same issue with the screen zooming in on Hulu after an ad, super annoying! Any more info on this problem yet?

0 Kudos
KE62
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku needs to get this resolved with Hulu.

In the meantime watch Hulu on an Apple TV, they are immune to the zoom issue. Love our TCL/ Roku TV but Roku devices will not play Hulu.

0 Kudos
BrendanMS
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the same issue zooming, with my Roku Ultra. As others stated, only happening after a commercial breaks. Noticed it after June update. No update available since.

0 Kudos
rosssu
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. I've had my Roku player for about two years now. No issues. Then probably early June, several of my shows zoom in after ads. No fix. And I can see not one reply from Roku either. Feeling a bit ignored. 

0 Kudos
src70
Level 8

Jump to solution

@3141592654 thank you!!! I will try this now! 

0 Kudos
Tlgevers
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same for me, have to restart a show to get it back, restarting causes the same commercials to be shown again, and zooms in again, been using Chromecast until this gets fixed

lukeinop
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have been letting the commercials pass for a few minutes (about 5) then I reboot and it straightens the picture. If you do it too soon after commercials, you are right, it shows the commercials again and does nothing to the picture

0 Kudos
reeseq
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  I did talk to Hulu agent who admitted to having problems with advertisements.  Seems like they should offer ad free streaming for customers with problem until problem is fixed... The agent seemed offended that i suggested this and offered a 1 week credit worth about $2.  Yea, right.  Since more noise means faster response, I'm thinking of trying twitter or other media.  And I'll buy a different device.

Geekymom82
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes! I’ve been having this issue for weeks. I originally contacted Hulu support because that was the app I had trouble with. The. I realized it was roku because it works on my other devices. I contacted roku support via email and I have gotten the most frustrating responses instructing me to go through the troubleshooting steps over and over. I’ve sent them the link to this forum and they seem to not understand or ignore the fact that multiple customers are experiencing this issue. It’s clearly a glitch in the software that they need to fix. I feel better it’s not just me but I feel like roku is ignoring our issue.