Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
golfsox78
Level 7

Re: Ads Causing Multiple Channels to Zoom In

Jump to solution

I fixed it by going into the Roku settings and then display - I set it to 1080 instead of auto detect.  I have several roku devices, only happens on express.

frankieferreira
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express and this did not work for me.

frankieferreira
Level 8

Jump to solution

Also, whatever the problem is it is tripping before the commercial, but not zooming until the end of the commercial. I know this because when I leave and come back to Roku to resume my show it resumes before the commercial break that caused the problem. Somehow the connection/signal/feed is getting interrupted or distorted...

If I fast forward to after the commercial it's fine for a while.

Chris13
Level 7

Jump to solution

We are having the same problem with Hulu and Amazon Video. We have two Roku‘s and a Roku TV and it happens on all three so the TV is not the problem.

0 Kudos
Conri101
Level 7

Jump to solution

The exact same thing started happening to me a couple of weeks ago when I log into Hulu on my Roku. It’s extremely frustrating and I can’t find a solution to fix the problem anywhere. 

Flowerchild
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem and, so far, have only noticed it on Hulu and only since the June 5 Roku update.  My tv is an Element ELST4017.  I have a Roku Express 3900X, Version 9.3.0 Build 4170-51 but when I look online it says support is not available for my account. 

0 Kudos
Flowerchild
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just tried that and it didn't work. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Flowerchild
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same problem here with Hulu.  It has to be a Roku problem.  I'm surprised someone from Roku hasn't replied.  They are not answering their phones right now due to the pandemic.  And, I can find no way to email them.  Maybe they are not checking this forum either.  It might call for them to release another update or a patch.  My updates are few and far between so I don't know.  I don't want to cancel Hulu nor do I want to watch it on my computer.  I am very unhappy.

Roku 3900X
Version 9.3.0 build 4170-51

Element TV ELST4017

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Coconutmom
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same. Only on Hulu though. I watch that the most. Backing out of the show and going back in only works until the next commercial. 

0 Kudos
hols24
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same thing is happening to me. I’m getting very fed up with Roku. 

0 Kudos