Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwarf74
Level 8

Re: Ads Causing Multiple Channels to Zoom In

Jump to solution

Changing to 720p also "solved" this for us but obviously we'd like a solution which doesn't require that loss of resolution.

0 Kudos
Wyvratt24
Level 7

Jump to solution

Still having this issue. Can we please fix it. I love watching an entire show where I can see one face the whole time. 

0 Kudos
Bmshoe13
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hey Danny,

it’s not resolved. 

thanks. 
a loyal 3 Roku device and 1 roku tv user.  

0 Kudos
Bmshoe13
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is the first time I’ve actually stepped forward, created a profile after at least 8 years of roku patronage, said something about this issue and I’m level 1? How do I get to level 7?

0 Kudos
snkfischer
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have both Roku devices and Amazon firesticks in my home.  All of the Roku devices suffer from the same ad glitch zoom issue that has been mentioned in this thread. The firesticks do not.

If you search for this issue, it's easily been going on since 2019. At this point, it seems to me that Roku has either no intention of fixing this issue for Hulu, or is incapable on doing so. Here's a reddit thread where people have been complaining about this for a long time: https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/93xymp/issue_with_hulu_channel_picture_zoomed_in/

It's unfortunate that Roku is unable to fix this issue. I'm not necessarily a huge fan of Amazon, and really dislike their interface.  However, I do watch a lot of anime with my daughter, and a lot has subtitles.  Trying to watch where the video is zoomed in and you can't see the subtitles any longer is beyond frustrating.

At this point, I will be abandoning Roku and buying firestick devices.  At least they stream the content consistently.  Such a shame.  I've been a fan of Roku for years.

DM1977
Level 7

Jump to solution

So...it's not "fixed" nor "resolved" but the dev team is aware.  Don't mark an issue resolved unless it's fixed, this problem is absolutely maddening please get it fixed.

birdbrain
Level 7

Jump to solution

We are having the same problem with unwanted zooming in after commercial breaks.  Backing out and coming back in usually resolves the issue, but it is very annoying!  PLEASE FIX.

0 Kudos
jayro1967
Level 7

Jump to solution

Any update?   Ours continues to do the same. 

0 Kudos
Dwayne59
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is the problem with Roku being a competitor of Hulu instead of a neutral platform like a PC.  

0 Kudos
Toter0327
Level 7

Jump to solution

When is this going to be fixed? It's getting rediculous how long I have been dealing with this issue!  It should be fixed ASAP...what is the hold up? Can you not roll back the update?

0 Kudos