Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdub1
Level 7

1080i tv and new roku express, getting error 020 on all channels any ideas before I return the roku?

Is my 1080i television compatible to a new roku express? Or should I just return it? Is there any live person tech support? is there a phone number? I keep getting the 020 error just right before any shows start streaming. Tried switching the hdmi cables and rebooting things but same error keeps showing up. Help please this is frustrating.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 1080i tv and new roku express, getting error 020 on all channels any ideas before I return the r

[post moved]

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It is possible that your TV may not support the required protocols for HDMI and/or HDCP. Have you tried changing the Display type settings to 720p?

If that does not resolve your issue, please feel free to send me a private message with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About, and the specific make/model of the TV that you own.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos