Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku premier can't find any wifi

@am_hill 

When doing the Factory Reset, did you, with power applied, hold the Reset button for NO LESS THAN 30 SECONDS? Yes, that's length of time is important.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ciaramoliver1
Level 7

I am having the same issues with both my Roku express and premier. I have even done a factory reset. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Ciaramoliver1

Thanks for the post.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Furthermore, please note that Roku Express and Roku Premier are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CaptLando
Level 8

My Roku Premiere (model 3920) is having the same issue... Two weeks ago, it suddenly stopped picking up any networks at all. I watched a show in the morning during breakfast, and in the evening, connectivity had been lost. All efforts to find any wi-fi networks have been fruitless.

I purchased this Roku player over a year ago, on 5/3/20, so I guess I'm outside of the warranty parameters? I'll pull out my hammer when I get back home and teach it a lesson.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hey @CaptLando

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

I would recommend trying my suggestions in my post above then let us know if there's any difference after.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CaptLando
Level 8

Yesterday morning, my Roku Premiere was surprisingly connected to my Wifi network when I turned my tv on, but only for a few minutes. It said the signal strength was poor. Now, it is not connected again and not able to find my network, nor any other networks.

There are no obstructions to the Roku and none to the modem/router. The modem/router have been in the same spot for the 6 years I've lived here. All other devices in the house have been functioning just fine with my Wifi. It's as if the Roku's ability to pick up on Wifi signal has been severely diminished.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@CaptLando

Thanks for the update.

Have you made sure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4 GHz wifi signal? As previously stated in my post above, your Roku Premiere is a single-band wireless device, therefore, it can only connect to the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CaptLando
Level 8

Yes, my router is broadcasting a 2.4 GHz wifi signal as well as a 5 GHz signal. I even went as far as resetting my router to factory settings. It has the latest software updates. The signal strength is excellent, according to my phone and laptop. The problem is not my router.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@CaptLando

Thanks for the follow up.

We would recommend trying the following to see if it helps the issue you are experiencing:

- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos