Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku premier can't find any wifi

@Bressaortega wrote:

with the wind storm it just knocked out a couple of cables so they just had to repair the cables and turn it on because it's also happening with my Roku Express that I have as well

Well, the Express is again only a single band radio. If for any reason your 2.4 GHz radio went out, the Express and Premiere models won't see your wireless. Your TV might have a dual band radio, so that might be why it sees it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kmeservier
Level 7

Hi Danny,

I'm having the same issue. It is giving me a Mac address to put in but I don't know what to do with that.

Katherine

0 Kudos
Xlorep
Level 7

My Roku premiere suddenly decided to stop seeing my 2.4 GHz Network. I have a 5 GHz Network and a 2.4 they are separate intentionally and it's not seeing anything. I have the one that apparently only has the ability to see the 2.4 GHz. I have tried everything I can to get it to see my network. Strange enough it sees all of my neighbor's networks but does not see mine. Despite the fact that my Roku and my router are sitting approximately 18 in from each other. With nothing in between.

0 Kudos
renojim

There have been a few reports that with the 9.4 update Rokus aren't seeing 2.4GHz Wi-Fi if it has legacy modes enabled.  Any chance you have a router with OpenWRT or DD-WRT?  A few people with trouble seem to be using one of those.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Xlorep
Level 7

Yes, I have an OpenWRT based router. I hope there is a fix incoming, because my tv is useless unless I enable my mobile hotspot, which is a pain, especially when I am not around. (Like the kids are watching something)

0 Kudos
seanblackburne
Level 7

I'm having the same issue since yesterday. Roku premiere was working fine for months, then lost all wifi connectivity. I have tried changing the channel on my 2.4ghz router frequency. Have also tried a reboot and then a factory reset but still no luck. The only wifi network I can pick up is when I set up a hotspot on my phone but this is obviously not a long term solution. Please help! 

0 Kudos
Xlorep
Level 7

FYI - I found the problem. My router had decided to set the "compatible with legacy devices" flag (OpenWRT), which made it can mpletely incompatible with the Roku. Once I disabled that setting (again), everything worked fine.

0 Kudos
am_hill
Level 7

Thanks Denny for any assistance you can provide.

Woke up one day to Roku Premier not working...unable to see any wifi.  Two other home Roku devices work fine.  Tried resets of router and roku with no result.  I did a factory reset and now cant get Roku setup (select language and again unable to locate wifi).  Changed 2.4 GHz channel. email: am_hill@outlook.com Serial # YH007M204211

renojim

@am_hill, you probably have the dreaded model 3920.  If so, explore a warranty return if it's less than a year old.  Otherwise, I recommend finding the biggest hammer you have and use it to put it out of its misery.

I am not a Roku employee.