Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

password issues?

I restarted Roku and now Im not able to connect to internet in my living room.  The bedroom Roku works and is connected to internet though.  It's giving me password error.  I had original password which didn't work so I changed it and now it doesn't work.  Should I change passwords again?  I also did a factory reset so that's where I'm at now. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: password issues?

Try rebooting the router or simply unplugging it and replugging it .

Is it far from the router?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I tried that.  Unfortunately that didn't help.  I unplugged Roku from my TV as well. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No.  Actually the bedroom is farther from router and it's working.  I don't understand how bedroom is working but LR not.  Especially if I changed password?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Its been reported that no password works if you can live with that.

I assume you know what a Router is???

Have you swapped Rokus from room to room?

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

yes I do know what router is.  we haven't tried moving roku's. we were afraid it would mess up the BR and then we wouldn't have TV at all but I guess we need to try it.  I can live with no password but how do I bypass it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

You need to access your Routers settings.

You would need to connect a laptop or computer to it

with a Ethernet cable.

What type of Router is it? Model number?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Also you didnt mention the Model of this particular Roku but if you

can connect it with an Ethernet cable you wont need a password

and you connectivity will improve.

0 Kudos