Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

connecting to wireless network

I purchased the Roku Premiere & my TV has HDMI connections.  I cannot get it to recognize my wireless network (I have double checked network name and password).  The troubleshooting guide tells me to go to settings, but pressing home button takes me to network list and there is no settings tab.  I can't find any helpful suggestions.  Anyone have idea what I need to do?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 7

Re: connecting to wireless network

I have the same issue. It worked fine as of yesterday afternoon. Last night when I turned on the TV, Roku would not recognize the internet. I have a 2.4G and a 5G network. Roku won't even show the 5G (that was what it was originally connected to). And by the way, both my laptop and IPad recognize both networks - and they continue to function fine. Roku shows the 2.4 but will not connect to it. If I follow the chain to reset it, I get to the screen to enter the password (it has the keyboard on it). My password is entered (it has not been changed) but if I choose the one entered it still does not connect. If I try to re-enter the password it will not let me access the keyboard (even though I can see the keyboard).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: connecting to wireless network

Try typing in the name manually. The SSID might not be set up as discoverable.

0 Kudos