Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Wireless Connectivity Issues

I recently just purchased a JVC 55” Roku Tv. I also purchased a Roku Premiere+ for a non-smart tv that I own. During the setup process, I connected to my home wireless internet which is provided by Spectrum. After green check marks appearing next to wireless connection and internet, the software update would not begin. I received the error code 003 and was told to try again later. This was extremely frustrating! I spoke with a customer service team member after calling Roku Support, after waiting on hold for about a half hour. He explained to me that in order to complete the software update, I needed to use another internet source (hotspot) and that I could use my home wireless internet connection after the software update was completed. This did not make sense to me, as my home wireless internet is intact and up and running on multiple other devices in my home, and the tv’s (both smart and not) showed that I had an excellent connection. Despite this confusion, I used my mobile hotspot as the customer service team member advised. This allowed me to successfully complete the software updates. Once the software updates were complete, I connected to my home wireless internet, and yet again, the connection test showed excellent signal strength and connectivity. However, in trying to access apps on the Roku device (Netflix, Hulu, Sling, Tubi, etc.), I am given multiple error messages saying that each platform can not launch due to connection/network errors. I am completely perplexed as to why this continues to happen and this is an overall disheartening situation as a new customer.

The make and model of my wireless router is provided by Spectrum. It is manufactured by Sagecom and the model number is F@st 5260. It does in fact broadcast a 2GHz wireless network.

So frustrating!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Wireless Connectivity Issues

@abaise 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet? Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? Since the hotspot will connect to your device, there appears to be an issue with you home network connecting to your Roku device.

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The Roku tv is now connected to my home network and displays an excellent signal strength but will not allow me open any applications. It’s says check network connection anytime I try to open Netflix or another application despite saying my signal strength is excellent. 

The Roku Premiere Plus will no longer connect to my hotspot. It connects to my home network but gives the error code 003 when I attempt to download the software update. This is extremely frustrating!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I also have no idea how to change the channel on my router.

0 Kudos