Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnfklimek
Level 7

Two Roku devices, wireless connect, closer one has poor signal strength

I have two Roku Premier devices that are wireless connected. They are basically in a straight line from the router. The closest device has poor signal strength while the one further away has excellent signal strength. The path to the closets device is almost unobstructed while the other one has one wall. The devices are around 40 feet and 60 feet from the router. Is there something I need to change on the closer Roku? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Two Roku devices, wireless connect, closer one has poor signal strength

I've run into this here several times.  This has always worked for me, done in this order:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart). Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection
  • If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos